cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imtrying
Level 10

FTP from behind MWG

Jump to solution

I have looked at the settings in IE and I have the Enable FTP folder view selected on the advance tab.  But I am still unable to connect to ftp.nada.com.  I get an authentication errror.  I have tried to place the url in the global whitelist but it does not work. 

I'm not sure what to check.  do not know if the port is open on the proxy or not(not sure where to check)  I have tried to open a telnet to 2121 and 20 but neither respond.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
imtrying
Level 10

Re: FTP from behind MWG

Jump to solution

I have found an article that addresses this in previous versions and it appears to work with 7.1

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB64255&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

credentials must be supplied with initial request using syntax ftp://usernameSmiley Tongueassword@ftpsite

Message was edited by: imtrying on 9/29/11 7:46:07 AM CDT
0 Kudos
3 Replies
imtrying
Level 10

Jump to solution

I have found an article that addresses this in previous versions and it appears to work with 7.1

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB64255&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

credentials must be supplied with initial request using syntax ftp://usernameSmiley Tongueassword@ftpsite

Message was edited by: imtrying on 9/29/11 7:46:07 AM CDT
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

something more to note on this topic. For firefox and others, we have included the possibility to get and auth popup asking for your creds, whereas IE prevents this based on security settings. Thus the method to embed creds in the URl is the way to go.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
klara
Level 10

Jump to solution

Michael,

I have the same problem, but what happen when i have a user like this klara@netreadysolutions.com  ???

There is not way to tell the IE to ask the user and password? or can we use a user credential web page to send the credential to the ftp server?

0 Kudos