Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 13

Re: FTP Tutorial

There are situations where customers will "block everything" and allow only certain URLs (for FTP for example).

For FTP this is bad because, authentication occurs in steps. So during the initial steps you need to stop cycle if Command.Name equals "PASS" command because the URL property is blank and may get blocked halting FTP from making it past the authentication steps.

~Jon

Hi Eelsasser/Jon,

Your reply was very helpful. I realized that I was directly using Authenticate.Username property without Invoking Authentication through AD first. Upon amending this discrepancy, my FTP is working fine. I am attaching the ruleset I used. This ruleset ensures that while using a native FTP client (Filezilla/ WinSCP etc.) users are able to extend the proxy authentication setting of the FTP client to grant userID based FTP access.

FTP.JPG

In case you are accessing FTP url through web browsers, this rule won't come into picture as FTP over HTTP requests would be forwarded to port 9090, and your normal forward proxy rules will apply.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 13

Hey Carlos,

Did my response above help?

~Jon

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.