cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bighead
Level 7

FTP Filter

Hy everyone!

I have to use FTP connection through my MWG 7.1.0.6. Here in my office I have two appliances running MWG 7.1.0.6 and both are configured as Proxy HA and clustered.

FTP connection here is not allowed for everyone. Some people got access through authorization. So I want to make this filter on MWG.

For example, I want to authorize some ftp hosts only.  Not all the traffic through ftp protocol.

Is there anyway to make this? Authorize only ftp hosts that I want and block all of the others?

Sorry for my English.. There's a long time that I don't write anything in English...

Thank you all!

Regards!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: FTP Filter

Hello,

you could use some properties to set this up. Connection.Protocol and Authentication.Username oder Authentication.Usergroups may be a good start.

You can add a rule like this:

Connection.Protocol equals "FTP" and Authentication.Usergroups does not contain "FTP-Users"  -> Block

In this case all FTP connections made by users who are not part of the "FTP-Users" domain group are blocked.

Instead of groups you can use user names or IP addresses, and combine it with the "Connection.Protocol" to avoid all traffic is blocked for them.

I hope this gives you an idea how to start.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
bighead
Level 7

Re: FTP Filter

Thanks Andre!

I'll try this!

0 Kudos