Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

FTP Filter

Hy everyone!

I have to use FTP connection through my MWG 7.1.0.6. Here in my office I have two appliances running MWG 7.1.0.6 and both are configured as Proxy HA and clustered.

FTP connection here is not allowed for everyone. Some people got access through authorization. So I want to make this filter on MWG.

For example, I want to authorize some ftp hosts only.  Not all the traffic through ftp protocol.

Is there anyway to make this? Authorize only ftp hosts that I want and block all of the others?

Sorry for my English.. There's a long time that I don't write anything in English...

Thank you all!

Regards!

2 Replies
asabban
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTP Filter

Hello,

you could use some properties to set this up. Connection.Protocol and Authentication.Username oder Authentication.Usergroups may be a good start.

You can add a rule like this:

Connection.Protocol equals "FTP" and Authentication.Usergroups does not contain "FTP-Users"  -> Block

In this case all FTP connections made by users who are not part of the "FTP-Users" domain group are blocked.

Instead of groups you can use user names or IP addresses, and combine it with the "Connection.Protocol" to avoid all traffic is blocked for them.

I hope this gives you an idea how to start.

Best,

Andre

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTP Filter

Thanks Andre!

I'll try this!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community