cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achp
Level 7

FTP & FTP over HTTP in transparent mode

Are there any guides for configuring FTP and FTP over HTTP to work with the MWG running in transparent bridge mode? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: FTP & FTP over HTTP in transparent mode

No configuration should be required other than to setup the port redirect for port 21. After that you need to enable the FTP proxy.

FTP over HTTP only applies when the browser is using a proxy, so in transparent bridge, FTP over HTTP does not apply (so far as I remember).

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
achp
Level 7

Thanks Jon. When you say that FTP over HTTP does not apply do you mean the traffic going through the Gateway will be simply FTP or HTTP or it's not supported?

Andy

Message was edited by: achp on 11/10/13 10:20:14 CDT
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Andy,

When I say FTP over HTTP does not apply, I mean that the browser will not use FTP over HTTP if there is not a proxy specified in the proxy settings (Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings).

The browser will just use native FTP if there is no proxy (as far as I remember).

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
achp
Level 7

Thanks Jon. If the users used to be able to browse to an ftp site using the url ftp://ftpserver.company.com should this still work in a similar manner once we add in a Gateway in transparent bridge mode or will they need to add user details for the remote server and possibly the web gateway in the url? Without any user details supplied I can see the client logging onto the Gateway as anonymous with a password of user@ and then we get a not logged in error.

0 Kudos