Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizricardo
Level 9

FTP Connection

Jump to solution

Hey buddies,

I tried connect to "ftp://rot.crcsc.org.br/pub" on IE configured to MWG7.0 and I receive a error:

"

The Proxy received an invalid response.   
URL: ftp://rot.crcsc.org.br/pub/

"

After I mark the FTP Proxy function and change in my IE to FTP proxy over my IP:2121 and tray again, but I don't receive any error and the page still loading and I don't receive nothing in access.log, but in the connection_tracing I see this:

"

>>>

220 McAfee Web Gateway 7.0.0 build 7160

<<<

19:41:49.508: Receive: Would Block (EPOLLIN, EPOLLONESHOT)

19:41:49.508: Received 185 bytes

>>>

GET ftp://rot.crcsc.org.br/pub/ HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)

Host: rot.crcsc.org.br:21

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

<<<

19:41:49.508: Send 59 bytes

>>>

500 Cannot understand 'GET ftp://rot.crcsc.org.br/pub...'

<<<

19:41:49.509: Send 59 bytes

>>>

500 Cannot understand 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compa...'

<<<

19:41:49.509: Send 51 bytes

>>>

500 Cannot understand 'Host: rot.crcsc.org.br:21'

<<<

19:41:49.509: Send 54 bytes

>>>

500 Cannot understand 'Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive'

<<<

19:41:49.509: Send 26 bytes

>>>

500 Cannot understand ''

<<<

19:41:49.509: Receive: Would Block (EPOLLIN, EPOLLONESHOT)"

I need create some policy specific to this traffic ?

Thanks a lot!

Luiz Ricardo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: FTP Connection

Jump to solution

Make sure you read the release notes on how to add the required repositories in case you want to upgrade to the latest and greatest. 7.1.5 is a controlled release, in case you are consifering that. Read the above mentioned blogpost, to understand the implications. In case you just cklick update you will be taken to the current GA release.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
10 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

In any browser such as IE/FF, you want ALL of your proxy settings to use the HTTP Proxy port, NOT the FTP proxy port. If the browser attempts to connect to a FTP site it will make an FTP over HTTP request (as you can see in the snippet above).

The FTP proxy port  (default of 2121) is reserved for actual FTP clients (such as filezilla, cuteftp, etc...).

~Jon

P.S. You look to be running version 7.0.0 build 7160, I would suggest upgrading to a newer version if you have not considered it. Here is the release notes for all versions: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68751

0 Kudos
luizricardo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hey Jon, thanks for your help.

I'll try download and update my appliance. But I have a question:

What the version most recommended ? I see the latest release from August 10 but I think it's very soon to apply to a production environment.

And, we have license to 7.0.0. Can I upgrade and still use the same license ?

Thanks a lot!

Luiz Ricardo Olicio

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

You can upagrade freely to any MWG 7 version. For what version is supported in which way, please read: https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/email_web/webgateway/blog/2011/08/01/mcafee-web-gate...

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
luizricardo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hey Michael, thanks for the support.

I'll download a new version and upgrade my appliance.

Doubt: From version 7.0.0 to another version, i'll need to do the configuration again or only restore a backup.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

We don't force you, Luiz - the upgrade will be seamless and the appliance will carry your configuration over to the new version if appied via the update button in the UI. Just go to Configuration > "your-appliance-name" and klick the upgrade button at the top of the right side field.

As best practises, you are of course taking a backup of the configuration from the UI before any larger modification to the appliance.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
luizricardo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ok Michael, thanks again for the support.

And the backup it's essencial to have.

I'll do a change here in my company and i think in 3 day i'll do the upgrade and report here the result about the FTP connection.

Cheers!

Luiz Ricardo

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Make sure you read the release notes on how to add the required repositories in case you want to upgrade to the latest and greatest. 7.1.5 is a controlled release, in case you are consifering that. Read the above mentioned blogpost, to understand the implications. In case you just cklick update you will be taken to the current GA release.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
luizricardo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hey Michael, what's up ?

I upgraded my MWG and now it's the version 7.0.1.6.0(9444).

An question: What I need do to upgrade to another version ? After the new repositories inserted to yum, I need do a "yum update ? ". Thanks.

luizricardo

0 Kudos
luizricardo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Done!

Now the version is 7.1.5.1.0(11447).

And tomorrow I'll try the connection FTP and see what happen.

I has a lot of trouble in version 7.0.0 with FTP connections and Bad Gateway message.

Thanks again!!

luizricardo

0 Kudos