cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feickholt
Level 10

External Lists with LDAPs

I tried serveral times to request some values from out LDAP Server. This is only possible with LDAPs.

We use 7.2.0.7.

In a document https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/23000/PD23543/en_US/... I found the following sentence:

When data is retrieved from a source using LDAP, only the normal version of the protocol is supported,

whereas LDAPS cannot be used.

I this still true?

Unfortunalty this feature can not as easliy debugged as LDAPs Authentication.

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos
4 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: External Lists with LDAPs

Hi Frank,

LDAPs should be possible for external lists, but it seems to be a little tricky. I am trying to grab an example configuration.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
feickholt
Level 10

Tricky seems to be the right word.... I tried it for the last 4 or 5 days without any solution.

0 Kudos
feickholt
Level 10

I found a solution to use LDAP, but the extList does not give the requested value back to the mwg.

Using tcpdump I can see the server send the valies back to mwg,

We use 7.2.0.7.

?

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Frank,

does it mean you see the right value is returned on the LDAP response but the value does not get back into the property in MWG as expected?

Is it possible to share the rules/settings you have configured for the ExtList call along with the request/response of the LDAP communication? You can forward that data to me by eMail if you like, I can have a look then.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos