cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsec
Level 7

Extended list editor or other tool for MWG7?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm upgrading from v6 to v7 and have a load of user defined categories that I am importing as extended lists.  The lists need a bit of a tidy up.  Is there a tool or editori available to do this?

At the moment I am importing them, manipulating them and then exporting them from a test V7 into a UAT v7

It's a bit time consuming!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: Extended list editor or other tool for MWG7?

Jump to solution

If you are familiar with the old 6.x format, you can edit the wwextendedlist.txt file in that format, then import that directly into v7 using the list import.

Will that help?

To clarify,

It's actually the Append from file... feature on the extended list in the 7.x GUI when you select the extended list.

Message was edited by: eelsasser on 11/13/12 10:13:43 AM EST
0 Kudos
2 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

If you are familiar with the old 6.x format, you can edit the wwextendedlist.txt file in that format, then import that directly into v7 using the list import.

Will that help?

To clarify,

It's actually the Append from file... feature on the extended list in the 7.x GUI when you select the extended list.

Message was edited by: eelsasser on 11/13/12 10:13:43 AM EST
0 Kudos
itsec
Level 7

Jump to solution

thank you thank you thank you!!

That will save me a lot of time as I can edit that in excel and export in the correct format I think.

I did try importing (appending) a text file but it didn't work so thnought it wasn't possible

0 Kudos