cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Example Bash Script for Log Pull from Web Gateway Cloud Service?

Jump to solution

Hi Jeff!

I'm getting this error message:

curl: (35) error:141A318A:SSL routines:tls_process_ske_dhe:dh key too small
Date: Tue Jun 23 10:00:13 -03 2020 Error retrieving Scheduled log from WGCS. Curl return code:35 Log file not created

Could you help me please?

Pierre

Pierre @ Weg

Jump to solution
Don't worry...
I believe that the /usr/share/crypto-policies/DEFAULT/opensslcnf.txt was updated at some youm operation and go back to CipherString = @SECLEVEL=2...

Its running fine now!

Regards

Pierre @ WEG
Pierre @ Weg

View solution in original post

jebeling
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution

Version 5.3 Attached.

Many changes and improvements. Most importantly if a partial file is returned it will be correctly processed and the data will not be pulled a second time. Also improved error handling. From the notes in the script includes all improvements from 5.2:

#version 5.2.1 Tries smaller queries if time taken exceeds query timeout and tries reducing time before reducing record count limit
# Also identifies error based on query timeout (version not released)
#version 5.2.2 Adds x-mfe-timeout header to curl and uses non blank last line to detect error
# rather than query timeout (version not released)
#version 5.2.3 Tries to recover data if partial data returned(version not released)
#version 5.2.4 Reorder code file returned check at beginning of file processing
# Consolidate code for processing returned file (version not released)
#version 5.2.5 Fix bugs and adds 10 sec to request vs created to to account for clock skew. (version not released)
#version 5.3 Rewrote merging to eliminate redundancies and make more logical

Limited testing has been performed. However it is recommended that you verify changes in your environment before putting into use.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as a Solution and/or Kudo my reply so we can help other community participants?

View solution in original post

Joe_M
Level 8
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

We just recently discovered that pulling logs from msg.mcafeesaas.com or msg.mcafee-cloud.com does NOT download logs from the EU and CSR has the same issue.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91669&locale=en_US

It turns out that the EU has its own endpoint for pulling logs. eu.msg.mcafeesaas.com. However, when we point this script at this endpoint, we were getting 500 errors. The culprit was this:

--header "x-mfe-timeout: $queryTimeout"

Once we removed that it worked.

So now, we have 2 copies of this script running on the same server. And the one for the EU has the problematic header removed.

Just an FYI if you have users in the EU and elsewhere. And if someone feels like updating the script to include multiple locations, that would be helpful.

jebeling
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

Thanks for the post and heads up. That header is optional, and actually as it turns out, not really effective in addressing what it was intended to address so it can be stripped regardless of whether you are pulling from EU or NA log repositories. There are other repositories currently available as well, log location and server to pull from depends on where you choose to log in your UCE or Cloud ePO configuration.

CSR 2.8 you would use multiple log sources to pull from EU and NA 

As for modifying the script to pull from multiple locations, yes it could be done  but I don't think I can get to it any time soon, because it would be a non-trivial effort. Each source needs separate tracking which is done currently in the single conf file. Probably better to just run two instances that run independently in separate folders with separate conf files as it sounds like you've already done. Good work.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as a Solution and/or Kudo my reply so we can help other community participants?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community