cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event to be used to monitor memory/cpu utilization for configured limit

I have configured User-defined.notification message for opt partition monitoring but what to use for monitoring memory/cpu utilisation when exceeded as configured limit

7 Replies

Re: Event to be used to monitor memory/cpu utilization for configured limit

Anyone plz tell me ....

0 Kudos

This question is for McAfee webgateway

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

can you elaborate what exactly you would like to monitor?

Generally I would not recommend having MWG monitor itself and alert via eMail when CPU/Memory exceeds limits. When MWG is under heavy load - which could happen during peak times - you may receive an eMail or an alert every now and then. For long time monitoring I would recommend to add MWG to some network monitoring solution.

On MWG you could do something like "check CPU usage every 5 minutes and send an eMail if CPU is > 80%" using Incident number 5 (which is a periodic trigger) and compare the CPU/Memory Usage (available as statistic counters) against fixed values. As mentioned I would not recommend to use this as "health check".

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Santosh,

If you're looking for a notification ruleset, please read the Best Practice on it, there is a video demo on the ruleset:

Incident ID 24 is an incident which triggers when the load on the box is high. In the past this incident did have some issues but I they have been corrected in more recent versions.

, this is the ruleset with "Support Recommendations".

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos

In the screenshot under monitoring created a check opt partition event when it exceed a configured limit(just a eg in this case is 30).so,how to do that for memory exceeding a configured limit as I don't know what to change in the rule in case of memory.

Monitoring.jpg

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Santosh,

Had you read the doc I sent? I'm guessing not

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos

I read that but i m confused how to do that for memory utilisation in the same manner as done for opt partition in the above attached screenshot.

0 Kudos