cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable ssh

Jump to solution

Hello,

our MWG have 22 port open and sshd service running, but we cannt access by ssh ("access is denied" error); I think in the installation we mark "disable ssh for root", is it possible change this configuration?

Thanks,

Jose.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Enable ssh

Jump to solution

Hi Jose,

From the GUI, you should be able to edit the sshd_config file under Configuration > File Editor, then select the appliance you need to get into.

Inside the file you should see a line that says "PermitRootLogin no" or perhaps a commented outline saying "#PermitRootLogin yes".

Make sure you have an uncommented line saying "PermitRootLogin yes".

this is for MWG not SIEM

Best Regards,

Jon

3 Replies
leone
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

try root as username and your password from the NGCP user.

Jump to solution

I'm trying with root user; I can access from virtual console, but by ssh (I already change the root password to test).

Thanks,

Jose.

McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Jose,

From the GUI, you should be able to edit the sshd_config file under Configuration > File Editor, then select the appliance you need to get into.

Inside the file you should see a line that says "PermitRootLogin no" or perhaps a commented outline saying "#PermitRootLogin yes".

Make sure you have an uncommented line saying "PermitRootLogin yes".

this is for MWG not SIEM

Best Regards,

Jon

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.