cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkirk
Level 7

Email Logs?

Jump to solution

I have set up a log monitoringIncident.log that only has events for certain web traffic, and I would like to email these to a particular user once a week.  Is that something that can be done easily?

And can I have these logs not rotate with the same frequency as the access.log's?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Email Logs?

Jump to solution

Hi bkirk,

You want to email the entire log file? This is not possible.

You can however push the logs else where (to an FTP/HTTP/HTTPS server).

The monitoring log has its own log rotation settings just like the access.log, so yes you can adjust the settings as you desire.

~jon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi bkirk,

You want to email the entire log file? This is not possible.

You can however push the logs else where (to an FTP/HTTP/HTTPS server).

The monitoring log has its own log rotation settings just like the access.log, so yes you can adjust the settings as you desire.

~jon

0 Kudos
bkirk
Level 7

Jump to solution

This log file should only contain entries for a particular user defined category, and shouldn't be very large, That is why I wanted to know if we could rotate it once a week and send it off in an email, so it sounds like that isn't an option but I could rotate once a week and  ftp or http it to a webserver. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

It is true that the logs are small, but the problem is that logs are all transactional, so they are written when a specific transaction takes place. This only leaves the pushing settings to send information like the logs.

Otherwise you could just trigger an event to send an email each time a specific event/transaction takes place (which is a disabled rule in there by default).

~jon

0 Kudos