cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBO
Level 9

Disk Replacement on an old WW1900C

Jump to solution

I have a disk failure on an old WW1900C.  The appliance is still running and we are waiting a replacement disk (no it's not supported anymore!!!) for this in fact, Dell PowerEdge 1950 with dual Seagate SAS 300GB 15K RPM, Cheetah ST3300655SS.

The problem is that I have not been able to find any document or instruction on the replacement / RAID 1 rebuild.  Is it automatic?  Special instructions to follow? 

Any help will be welcome.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Disk Replacement on an old WW1900C

Jump to solution

Hi DBO,

It should just automatically rebuild itself into the RAID 1, nothing special you have to do.

I recently replaced a disk on our old lab 1900 and it reuilt on its own just fine.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi DBO,

It should just automatically rebuild itself into the RAID 1, nothing special you have to do.

I recently replaced a disk on our old lab 1900 and it reuilt on its own just fine.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
DBO
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for the confirmation.  Still waiting for Dell to confirm if they have disk available otherwise, Amazon, here I am...

0 Kudos
DBO
Level 9

Jump to solution

Tried to hot replace the failed drive yesterday night and the 2 disks we bought didn't work.  Either the disks (refurbished) are bad or the auto rebuild is not working.  Did you shutdown the server before replacing the failed drive or just hot replace it?  Any suggestion?

0 Kudos