Highlighted
lion92
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Difference between webgateway v7.3 vs v7

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

The last time i worked with webgateway was with the v7.3 in 2014. Now i have to work with the version 7.7.2.

Someone can help me if there is a lot of difference between those two versions and where can i find this information if exists?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Re: Difference between webgateway v7.3 vs v7

Jump to solution

Hi,

there are a lot of versions between 7.3 and 7.7.2 (current controlled release 7.8) with a lot of changes, bug fixes, new features.

I think the produce guide of 7.7.2 (current main: 7.7.2.7, .8 should be released soon) will help here to determine current features and configuration possibilities:

7.7.2 - Product Guide

Or use the knowledge center in the service portal for researches (e.g. release notes, product: Web Gateway, version: 7.7.2):

Service Portal

We have also a nice best practices community site with a lot of setup/configuration guides:

Best Practices

Regards,

Marcel

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Moved from Community Support to Web Gateway

McAfee Employee mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

there are a lot of versions between 7.3 and 7.7.2 (current controlled release 7.8) with a lot of changes, bug fixes, new features.

I think the produce guide of 7.7.2 (current main: 7.7.2.7, .8 should be released soon) will help here to determine current features and configuration possibilities:

7.7.2 - Product Guide

Or use the knowledge center in the service portal for researches (e.g. release notes, product: Web Gateway, version: 7.7.2):

Service Portal

We have also a nice best practices community site with a lot of setup/configuration guides:

Best Practices

Regards,

Marcel

lion92
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer,

I have to build a migration from a bluecoat solution to a webgateway v7.7.2. But the last time i built a proxy solution was with the v7.3.2.3. And i would know if there is just new features and bug fixes as usual or there is a really revolution.

Thanks for the links i think it will help me a lot

Regards,