Highlighted
lion92
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Difference between webgateway v7.3 vs v7

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

The last time i worked with webgateway was with the v7.3 in 2014. Now i have to work with the version 7.7.2.

Someone can help me if there is a lot of difference between those two versions and where can i find this information if exists?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Re: Difference between webgateway v7.3 vs v7

Jump to solution

Hi,

there are a lot of versions between 7.3 and 7.7.2 (current controlled release 7.8) with a lot of changes, bug fixes, new features.

I think the produce guide of 7.7.2 (current main: 7.7.2.7, .8 should be released soon) will help here to determine current features and configuration possibilities:

7.7.2 - Product Guide

Or use the knowledge center in the service portal for researches (e.g. release notes, product: Web Gateway, version: 7.7.2):

Service Portal

We have also a nice best practices community site with a lot of setup/configuration guides:

Best Practices

Regards,

Marcel

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Moved from Community Support to Web Gateway

McAfee Employee mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

there are a lot of versions between 7.3 and 7.7.2 (current controlled release 7.8) with a lot of changes, bug fixes, new features.

I think the produce guide of 7.7.2 (current main: 7.7.2.7, .8 should be released soon) will help here to determine current features and configuration possibilities:

7.7.2 - Product Guide

Or use the knowledge center in the service portal for researches (e.g. release notes, product: Web Gateway, version: 7.7.2):

Service Portal

We have also a nice best practices community site with a lot of setup/configuration guides:

Best Practices

Regards,

Marcel

lion92
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer,

I have to build a migration from a bluecoat solution to a webgateway v7.7.2. But the last time i built a proxy solution was with the v7.3.2.3. And i would know if there is just new features and bug fixes as usual or there is a really revolution.

Thanks for the links i think it will help me a lot

Regards,

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.