Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikrotik
Level 10

Difference between McAfee Web Gateway and McAfee Firewall Enterprise Appliance

Greetings!

Dear Friends,

There is an organization which already has firewall and need McAfee Web Gateway but you know Sales people always try to sale more..

So, now client is asking why do i need "McAfee Firewall Enterprise Appliance" if i purchase McAfee Web Gateway?

e.g. If the client purchases McAfee Firewall Enterprise Appliance then do they need Web Gateway? because both work same (i think)?

Please share comparison and bold points.

Thank You!

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Difference between McAfee Web Gateway and McAfee Firewall Enterprise Appliance

Hi!

The web gateway is not a firewall, the web gateway is a content filtering appliance (and more). The web gateway can filter at a higher level in applications than what a firewall can do.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
mikrotik
Level 10

Re: Difference between McAfee Web Gateway and McAfee Firewall Enterprise Appliance

Hi,

Can you share some comparison of UTM Firewall + Gateway VS McAfee Web Gateway?.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi!

Can you clarify the question further?

I think you're asking me to compare apples to oranges.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
mikrotik
Level 10

Hi,

Actually the customer needs everything in a single appliance. e.g. He needs VPN in Web Gateway. He said Fortinet provides VPN.

Well...we don't know what he gonna purchase.

Anyways thanks Jon.

Best Regards,

Irfan Naseer

0 Kudos