cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris.lee
Level 7

Deployment of McAfee Web Gateway with HA Transparent router

Hi All,

i currently deploy MWG with transparent router mode with using PBR to route the port 80 and port 443 to MWG. but now we play to get another same model unit to make in transparent router with HA. Does traparent router mode can support deployment in HA. How to do it.

thanks!

Regards,

chris lee

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Deployment of McAfee Web Gateway with HA Transparent router

Hi Chris,

if I get you correctly you want to use transparent router, but add some high availability, in case one node goes down?

If I am not wrong you will have a virtual IP when you set up transparent router on the director node. In case you add another machine with the same virtual IP and VRRP ID, you will automatically get a standby director.

You will route traffic to the virtual IP - the virtual IP will route to the active director node and - in case this one is down - to the failover node.

Is this what you are looking for?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
chris.lee
Level 7

Hi asabban,

Yup, that what i looking for but i has another question. how about the policy synchronization ? how to do that?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
chris.lee
Level 7

Hi, i tested. but how about the policy, because i found that , we need to configsure the policy twice if using HA. and this is active standby mode.. how about active active mode.

Thanks!

0 Kudos