cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troja
Level 14

Dante Socks Server - Redirect Module

Hi,

there is a redirect module available for dante socks server. This means the socks proxy is able to redirect outgoing traffic on port 80 to a dedicated proxy server. I opened a ticket for my question. Support told me to contact McAfee PM or McAfee Sales. Has anyone some information for me?

- e.g. where can i can buy the redirect module

Best Thorsten

0 Kudos
4 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Dante Socks Server - Redirect Module

Hi Thorsten,

do you have a link or a description what plugin you would like to use with Dante?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi Andre,

yes of corse. :-)

Description

The Redirect module gives control over both where client requests and replies will end up, and what addresses and port ranges the Dante server will use on behalf of the clients for outgoing connections. The module can be used to redirect client connections from one address to another, which can be useful in cases where clients should use a local web-proxy instead of communicating directly with external web servers. It can also be used to restrict the port ranges used by the Dante server, which can be useful in cases where a firewall needs to know which port ranges the Dante SOCKS server will use. Additionally, it can be used to make the IP-address the Dante server will use when connecting to a remote server be chosen based on the IP-address of each connecting client, or even the username, if username-based authentication is configured.

http://www.inet.no/dante/doc/latest/redirect.html

Best Thorsten

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Ho Thorsten,

Dante module - Redirect

The Redirect module gives control...

Price: EUR 200

This is a commercial module and would require a royalty/OEM model with Inferno Nettverk A/S, which at this point time we are not planning to enter.

Michael

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi Michael,

thanks for the information. Is a customer able to buy the module an implement it self?

Best,

Thorsten

0 Kudos