cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnaldridge
Level 10

Current/Exhaustive List of Built-in Statistics.Counter Values

I've gone looking for an exhaustive listing of current built-in Statistics.Counter values, suitable for use with Statistics.Counter.GetCurrent().  But, I haven't found one in the knowledge center or in the forum.

I did find this discussion, which is a bit on the old side:

There are a couple of reasons that I'm exploring this.

The first is that current access logs with only single-second precision are making correlation with other logs painfully difficult.  Personally, I'm a big fan of the format from date --rfc-3339=ns as the rationale for the format is rock solid—though an high-precision ISO-8601 format would be better than the current single-second resolutions.

The second reason is that I've been requested to whip up some temporary logging to show excessive lag from specific destination hosts.  I expect that what I'm looking for is the timer stats: Timer.FirstSentFirstReceivedServer and Timer.LastSentFirstReceivedServer.  But, I'd also like to know if there are other interesting statistics for this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
btlyric
Level 12

Re: Current/Exhaustive List of Built-in Statistics.Counter Values

The stats database is located at /opt/mwg/lock/statistic/statistics.db.

You could dump the keys via:

sqlite3 -line /opt/mwg/lock/statistic/statistics.db 'select key from stat;'

If you have defined your own statistic values, they will show up with a key name suffixed .4575

0 Kudos
johnaldridge
Level 10

That's great—assuming it truly is exhaustive.

And, deeper descriptions would be nice, as verbose naming is often not nearly verbose enough.

0 Kudos
btlyric
Level 12

I'm pretty sure that that's the only place that stats are stored, but if you want a definitive answer, you'll need to get it from McAfee.

It looks like 7.7 added ~2 dozen new key values, but many of them seem to be associated with iterations through a specific parameter. For example, these:

TimeConsumedByGTIURLCloudLookup

TimeConsumedByGTIURLCloudLookup_0051_75

TimeConsumedByGTIURLCloudLookup_0076_100

All evidence suggests to me that the statistic values are updated through more than one mechanism, but I am unclear as to which activities trigger the incrementing of which statistics.

0 Kudos