cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted files

There seems to be a lot of files that V7 thinks are corrupt, particulary excel documents.

Is anyone else having the same problems.

I'm running 7.2.0.3.0 build 13935.

Anyone from McAfee care to comment?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Corrupted files

I personally have not recieved any reports of corrupt excel documents.

Do you have any samples that you can post? I know dev would like an example if you have one.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos

Hi Jon, thx for your reply.

The attached file is one that was being blocked - however i've had to edit to remove any sensitive data so not sure whether  that will have had an impact on the file.

0 Kudos
alexott
Level 11

Hello

I just checked this file, and it was processed without any error. How do you receive these files? Are they generated by some program?

You can check validity of files by using Microsoft's Office Binary File Format Validator tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/officeinteroperability/archive/2011/07/12/microsoft-office-binary-file-forma... - it will report if file has any compatibility problem.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex, these files are on various business partner websites which users just click on to download. The next one I get where there is no specific login required I will post the link.

Also thx for Microsoft link, I've used https://www.virustotal.com/ in the past as well.

0 Kudos
alexott
Level 11

Thank you. You can send the files directly to me, via e-mail : alex_ott at mcafee.com

P.S. Microsoft's tool provides very strict checking of files against format's specification. And if any bug will be found, then it will report what's wrong, including link to documentation

0 Kudos
marduk
Level 9

yes.

I ended up turning this feature off at the moment.

i will turn it on again in the near future once I am find time to be able to deal with the fallout.

Happy to dicuss further.

0 Kudos