cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Configuring transparent bridge interface

I am currently working on replacing our existing virtual machine Web Gateway 7.3 with 7.6.  Installing the VM is not an issue.  I am configuring up the new VM the same as the old VM.  I configured two interfaces to use the bridge and a third for management.  Again, this was the previous configuration.  After setting up the ibr0 interface, I restart the appliance to get the bridge interface up.  Unfortunately, I receive the attached error where interface eth0 will not install it itself in the bridge.  I've attempted to troubleshoot this in many ways but unable to get the bridge interface up.  Anyone have any ideas as to why eth0 will not participate in the bridge?

2 Replies
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Configuring transparent bridge interface

Do you have enabled spanning tree on a connected switch?

Also check this:

Highlighted

Re: Configuring transparent bridge interface

Sorry for the delayed response.  I actually followed the bridge settings.  Unfortunately, the bridge interface does not come up because I get an error when the system is booting up that says eth0 can not participate in the bridge.  This was in the Error message that I attached originally.  What I can't figure out is why I am getting this error message in the first place even though I followed the instructions to add a bridge interface to the letter.  Any ideas as to why?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community