cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuck99
Level 7

Configure epo to communicate with MWG cluster

Jump to solution

I currently have 2 MWG setup as Proxy HA in a cluster and I want to configure epo to communicate with the cluster. I've looked through the documentation and it only mentions about setting up epo for a single MWG device. Therefore if I configure the epo to communicate with the cluster, am I supposed to add both MWG to epo or am I supposed to add the virtual IP?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troja
Level 14

Re: Configure epo to communicate with MWG cluster

Jump to solution

Hi,

first of all you have to add the EPO Rule on top of your ruleset. This ruleset is located in the ruleset library, just import it. Afterwards enable the EPO data collection on MWG.

EPO:

1) install the EPO extension for MWG

2) Register every MWG for its own and do not use the virtual IP.

If you want detailed information about webtraffic use CSR on EPO. It´s free of charge.

Cheers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mbagheryan
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Chuck,

Read these 2 article:

and

Enjoy.

M.B.M

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi,

first of all you have to add the EPO Rule on top of your ruleset. This ruleset is located in the ruleset library, just import it. Afterwards enable the EPO data collection on MWG.

EPO:

If you want detailed information about webtraffic use CSR on EPO. It´s free of charge.

Cheers

0 Kudos
mbagheryan
Level 12

Jump to solution

Troja wrote:

Hi,

EPO:

Cheers

You are absolutely right.

I just missed a link.

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Web Gateway 7.3 integration with ePO

Would be useful.

Enjoy.

0 Kudos
chuck99
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just curious, is there any reason why you shouldn't be using the virtual IP? I'm just testing right now but I've registered the virtual IP in the EPO and I'm able to get stats for both MWG in the cluster.

0 Kudos
bwallace1
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hello chuck99 -

Sure, using the VIP can work in this scenario, but it is simply a cleaner approach to reserve the VIP for client traffic only, especially since there is no need to have the ePo traffic go though proxy HA.

Best to just follow Troja's suggestion.  Besides, if there is ever a problem with ePo <--> MWG communication, the 1st question will always be "have you tried it without pointing to the VIP?"