cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure MWG bridge mode

Hello,

I've been using a McAfee Email Gateway in bridge mode for a while. Now, I need to add to my network a Web Gateway. My idea is to use bridge mode also an connect it the way showed in the network topology attached. I also enclose some screenshots of my Email and Web Gateway configuration. Do I need to add some routing in my Web Gateway? Is it posible to connect the email and web Gateway directly with a network cable? The Email Gateway is working perfectly in that location, but is it right for a web Gateway placed it after a firewall?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rme-0695
Level 7

Re: Configure MWG bridge mode

I'm really interested on your question, it is interesting.

Base on my understandin (coorect me if im wrong), if you are in transparent bridge mode no routing configuration is need on your appliance since you are just acting like a CABLE on your MEG and to your firewall

Re: Configure MWG bridge mode

Thanks for answering.

I have already tried the bridge mode but when trying to browse the Net I'm getting the Host not resolvable message. However, when I try to access one of the webs which aren't allowed by the MWG I get the blocked message. I also have another problem and it is that both messages (Host not resolvable and Blocked by URL filter database) take lot of time to appear on the browser. Any idea why this could be happening?

I enclose a traffic capture from the PC.

0 Kudos
rme-0695
Level 7

Re: Re: Configure MWG bridge mode

I have attached here the working/tested configuration that I have found also here in the community.

Try to pattern your configuration here, I have seen you configure differently your MWG in bridging.

0 Kudos