Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikrotik
Level 10

Configuration of High Availability / Load Balancing MWG 7.5.2.4.0

Jump to solution

Greetings!

Dear Friends,

I have to configure 2 McAfee Web Gateway Appliances as high availability/load balance for each.

1- From where can i configure in 1st appliance that you have 2nd Appliance too in case of load/ service down of 1st appliance?

2- From where can i configure in 1st appliance that from specific Hardware resources, Bandwidth limit; transfer users to 2nd appliance?

2- From where can i configure in 2nd appliance that it has 1st appliance and work/active only when 1st appliance order/wants?

Thank You!

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikrotik
Level 10

Re: Re: Configuration of High Availability / Load Balancing MWG 7.5.2.4.0

Jump to solution

Dear John,

Thank You very much for your help and Thanks to Troja too Am gonna add screenshot of H.A successful configuration for all people.

Best Regards,

Irfan Naseer

0 Kudos
14 Replies
mikrotik
Level 10

Re: Configuration of High Availability / Load Balancing MWG 7.5.2.4.0

Jump to solution

Any Update?

0 Kudos
bgartama
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hello!

I would recommend looking over the best practice document for configuring proxy HA.

Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi ,

as explained from this is a very good source for MWG common szenarios also including the HA cluster environment.

Enclosed the direct link:

How about your environment. Is it working now?

Cheers

mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Greeting!

Dear Troja and Bgartama

Thanks for the Articles, after reading this i have confusion in Central Management of both appliance as:

1- I have deployed 2 MWG appliances in my environment and want if 1st appliance is down then 2nd should be Active automatically. e.g. All internet traffic of end users should be redirect to 2nd appliance. Please find the attached picture, is this configuration correct?

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi ,

looks like your configuration is false. You have to rethink how central management and HA cluster works.

Central Management is not HA-Cluster. The IP-address shown in your screenshot is the listening IP of each MWG central Management node. Therefore, if you have one network interface configured, this must be the IP of MWG itselft.

Change it and add the 2nd node to the central management. If this is fine, you can see both systems in the GUI and you are not able to connect to the GUI on the second system. Check this. :-)

HA-Cluster will be configured under "Proxies.....". You have to change the proxy mode and VRRP must be configured.

Take a look at the links above, where HA-Cluster configuration and testing is explained in detail.

Cheers

mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Troja,

You are Good .

Actually i asked 2 questions in a single topic therefore i created a separate topic and marked 1 questions as Answered and this discussion will be continue.

I have to learn more about HA, i will come back in this topic again

Thank You!

0 Kudos
mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Troja,

HA-Cluster will be configured under "Proxies.....". You have to change the proxy mode and VRRP must be configured.

I did as you said; Please verify are these configuration correct? Also do i have to configure something in 2nd Appliance?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi,

at least some errors. You need at least 3 IPs. A physical for any mwg and one virtual. The Management IP, in your szenario, is the physical IP of your system. The virtual IP must not be the physical IP of your MWG appliance.

You also need no Source IP bases exception.

Cheers

mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have 1st appliance as 192.168.1.120 and 2nd as 192.168.1.121, can  you please attach an screenshot for my better understanding how should i configure this?

Thank You!

0 Kudos