Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexeyG
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Compare custom property to list as "all in list" but opposite direction

Jump to solution
Hi. I have custom list of strings (list A) defined on MWG and i want to do check if custom property of given user (also list of strings - list B) has all strings from list A if i do regular "User-Defined.MyProperty - All in List - List A", i`m checking if all strings from List B exist in List A. But i want opposite: Check if user-defined property (List B) contains all strings from List A.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Compare custom property to list as "all in list" but opposite direction

Jump to solution

Hello!

So your problem is that you cannot select the list you have created as a list object on the left, in the criteria dialog?

There are a few options.

1.) Create another user-defined property of type List.OfString. Make a rule before your current rule that sets User-Defined.My.NewUserDefinedProperty = YourList, where "YourList" is the list created in MWG. The content of this list is not stored in the User-Defined Property, which you can select on the left in the criteria dialog.

2.) On the left instead of picking the list directly select a property like List.OfString.Join or List.OfString.Sort and provide your list in MWG as the list to work with. Now you have the content of the list on the left, and can compare against your list in the user-defined property.

Best,
Andre

View solution in original post

2 Replies
asabban
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello!

So your problem is that you cannot select the list you have created as a list object on the left, in the criteria dialog?

There are a few options.

1.) Create another user-defined property of type List.OfString. Make a rule before your current rule that sets User-Defined.My.NewUserDefinedProperty = YourList, where "YourList" is the list created in MWG. The content of this list is not stored in the User-Defined Property, which you can select on the left in the criteria dialog.

2.) On the left instead of picking the list directly select a property like List.OfString.Join or List.OfString.Sort and provide your list in MWG as the list to work with. Now you have the content of the list on the left, and can compare against your list in the user-defined property.

Best,
Andre

AlexeyG
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks. Second option is exactly what i needed.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community