Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Cluster Error - "STATUS_ERROR_BAD_RESPONSE"

Hello all. I've just decided to place my two MWG instances back into a cluster setup in order to have them be synchronized but I've been hitting an issue where it said "cannot add node because local node has no running listener available". I saw a post on here saying that that error message was misleading and was really an error due to changes made in 7.7.2 re: Cluster CA settings.

I then proceeded to follow the "Replace the cluster certificate" instructions in the 7.7.2 Product Guide, exported cert and private key to a file. After that I imported the exported CA cert to both appliances. When I add my second appliance to my first appliance, I see this error:Cluster_Error.PNG

I also see that the second appliance is intermittently unreachable. I'm not sure why this happens. it's the same case when I use a CA cert from our enterprise CA. Could anyone assist?

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cluster Error - "STATUS_ERROR_BAD_RESPONSE"

I'd suggest checking the listener address under Configuration > Central Management, in some cases the listener might have a different IP than what the appliance owns.

For example, the IP of my appliance is 10.1.1.6, but the Central Management Listener is set to 10.1.1.7:12346.  MWG will try to bind on that IP, but fail because it doesnt own the IP.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cluster Error - "STATUS_ERROR_BAD_RESPONSE"

Thank you for your reply, Jon. I had previously checked the IP address and both inside Central Management and Network Interfaces have the same single IP address.

nic_correct_ip.PNG

central_mgmt_corect_ip.PNG

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community