Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kbolt
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Cluster Error - "STATUS_ERROR_BAD_RESPONSE"

Hello all. I've just decided to place my two MWG instances back into a cluster setup in order to have them be synchronized but I've been hitting an issue where it said "cannot add node because local node has no running listener available". I saw a post on here saying that that error message was misleading and was really an error due to changes made in 7.7.2 re: Cluster CA settings.

I then proceeded to follow the "Replace the cluster certificate" instructions in the 7.7.2 Product Guide, exported cert and private key to a file. After that I imported the exported CA cert to both appliances. When I add my second appliance to my first appliance, I see this error:Cluster_Error.PNG

I also see that the second appliance is intermittently unreachable. I'm not sure why this happens. it's the same case when I use a CA cert from our enterprise CA. Could anyone assist?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cluster Error - "STATUS_ERROR_BAD_RESPONSE"

I'd suggest checking the listener address under Configuration > Central Management, in some cases the listener might have a different IP than what the appliance owns.

For example, the IP of my appliance is 10.1.1.6, but the Central Management Listener is set to 10.1.1.7:12346.  MWG will try to bind on that IP, but fail because it doesnt own the IP.

kbolt
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cluster Error - "STATUS_ERROR_BAD_RESPONSE"

Thank you for your reply, Jon. I had previously checked the IP address and both inside Central Management and Network Interfaces have the same single IP address.

nic_correct_ip.PNG

central_mgmt_corect_ip.PNG

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.