Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dreth
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Chrome sometimes not using proxy.pac settings

Hi all

This is not strictly webgateway problem, but google didnt respond to my problem ye.

Some input information:

- we use proxy pac files to manage via which proxy end users should go to internet

- firewalls drop traffic from users, but allow traffic from proxies

so it looks like this user-> proxy-> FIrewall

- problem is interrmidient. If user refresh page few times, chrome will go to internet via proxy.

- proxies are in good state. Problem is affecting many company locations.

We are getting smashed with tickets were users cant browse interent sites. What I've found out that when this problem occurs i clearly see on firewall logs that users are going to interent with PC IP (instead of proxy IP). Which means that chrome for some reason is not following prox pac settings and going direct.

It doesnt affect IE or FF. Atleast it was not reported yet.

I asked some users to use only IE/ FF and it seems confirms that only chrome has this problem.

So is anyone aware of this issue? Or maybe anyone know why it's happening and how to fix this?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community