cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for special user attributes with Kerberos Authentication

Jump to solution

I searching for a way to use special user attributes from our Active Directory. We want to use the Country Code (attribute c).

We use Kerberos with NTLM Fallback in a multi domain landscape.

With LDAP i can reach the special attribute c and can show me this on a block page.

But the WebGateway is authenticated again with LDAP and the UserGroups are overwritten with the attribute c

I read this article but there is only LDAP Authentication and we have Kerberos and NTLM.

It is possible to reach special attributes without the function Authentication.GetUserGroups?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Checking for special user attributes with Kerberos Authentication

Jump to solution

You can make an external list call that would query an LDAP server and writes the returned string into a user-defined property, rather than using Authentication.GetUserGroups.

Another alternative is storing the result of Authentication.UserGroups into a different Property before overwriting it with the result of Authentication.GetUserGroups. After you got your special attribute restore the value from a user-defined property.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

You can make an external list call that would query an LDAP server and writes the returned string into a user-defined property, rather than using Authentication.GetUserGroups.

Another alternative is storing the result of Authentication.UserGroups into a different Property before overwriting it with the result of Authentication.GetUserGroups. After you got your special attribute restore the value from a user-defined property.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the hint Andre.

I searched again the community and for help this article is also helpful.

I configured it like this

LDAP Country Query.png

and my LDAP Filter like this

LDAP Country Query Filter.png

So it is possible to import attributes like country,mail etc.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hey Florian,

very cool. Thanks for letting us know it works :-)

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos