cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Changing GUI port for admin access back to 4712

Hi all,

Is there a method of changing the https connector port back to 4712, from the command line?

(the port has been changed and promptly forgotten, and we have no access to the gui via 4711 and we never will have).

We do have ssh and local access to the appliance....

The appliance is part of a central management group of two mwg' some..

We also have a valid backup which we could restore to the appliance (restore configuration as well as policy), which I think will restore the listener to 4712, but it's a last resort.

Any thoughts appreciated...

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Changing GUI port for admin access back to 4712

Look at the file:

/etc/mwg-ui/server.xml

Look for the lines with the port number defined:

<Connector server="mwg-ui" URIEncoding="UTF-8" port="NNN" protocol="HTTP/1.1" maxThreads="500" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" maxPostSize="2048" maxSavePostSize="0" />

<Connector server="mwg-ui" URIEncoding="UTF-8" port="NNN" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true" maxThreads="500" connectionTimeout="20000" scheme="https" secure="true" SSLProtocol="TLSv1+TLSv1.1+TLSv1.2" SSLCipherSuite="!ADH:!aNULL:!eNULL:!3DES:HIGH" SSLHonorCipherOrder="true" SSLCertificateFile="/usr/share/mwg-ui/ssl/servercert.pem" SSLCertificateKeyFile="/usr/share/mwg-ui/ssl/serverkey.pem" maxPostSize="2048" maxSavePostSize="0" />

Those should be the ones you can access.

If you want to temporarily change them, edit the numbers and service mwg-ui restart

Once you are back in the GUI, change it and save it so it's permanent again.

Highlighted

Thanks Eric.

Sorted.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi Elsasser

I'd like to redirect all HTTP traffic on port 4711 to HTTPS on port 4712, like I would for other web-servers. How can I do that for the McAfee Webgateway-ui, do you know? It would be very cool I you did and would agree to give me a hand with that ^^

[root@ch0001swgw10001 mwg-ui]# mwg-info version
mlos3
mwg

standard in /etc/mwg-ui/server.xml :

<Connector server="mwg-ui" URIEncoding="UTF-8" port="4712"
protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true" maxThreads="500"
connectionTimeout="20000" scheme="https" secure="true" SSLProtocol="TLSv1+TLSv1.1+TLSv1.2" SSLCipherSuite="HIGH:!aNULL:!eNULL"
SSLHonorCipherOrder="true" SSLCertificateFile="/usr/share/mwg-ui/ssl/servercert.pem"
SSLCertificateKeyFile="/usr/share/mwg-ui/ssl/serverkey.pem"
maxPostSize="2048" maxSavePostSize="0" />

<Connector server="mwg-ui" URIEncoding="UTF-8" port="4711"
protocol="HTTP/1.1" maxThreads="500" connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="4712" maxPostSize="2048" maxSavePostSize="0" />

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community