cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CentOS vulnerabilities

We just went from 2 physical MWGs to 2 virtual machines, due to a data center move.  After vulnerability scanning the new proxies, we are getting a handful of High CentOS vulnerabilities, which makes sense since the OS had to be set to "CentOS 64bit, version 7" according to the install documentation.

How can we remediate these vulnerabilities?  Does McAfee provide new images when new vulnerabilities are discovered in their image?  Is there a way to do it from inside the MWG console?  Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

8 Replies
McAfee Employee aloksard
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: CentOS vulnerabilities

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Request you to provide those CentOS vulnerabilities,  in order to check for them further.

Regards

Alok Sarda

Thank you for the reply.

I'd rather not put the vulnerabilities in a forum.  I'll submit a support ticket with the actual vulnerabilities.

My purpose with this post was just to understand how new vulnerabilities are fixed...does a new MWG image have to be applied or is there a way that CentOS gets updates within the console?

Thanks!

McAfee Employee aloksard
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

So generally if any vulnerbaility  for which MWG is affected is being taken care of in upcoming versions and if required is backported in current/previous versions.

Regards

Alok Sarda

I'm going ahead and doing the normal "Update appliance software" to see if that fixes the vulnerabilities.  This is my first time doing it in the virtual setting so fingers crossed it doesn't behave differently than the physical boxes.

Upgrading the software didn't get rid of the vulnerabilities.  Submitting a support ticket now.  Any other ideas?

McAfee Employee aloksard
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

I would suggest to open a ticket with support and provide the vulnerabilities detected over their .

If possible ping me the SR number, so that i can take a  look on it.

Regards

Alok Sarda

McAfee Employee aloksard
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Upgrading appliance from GUI takes to you latest main release version which is 7.8.2.4 currently.

Regards

Alok Sarad

McAfee Employee aloksard
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Okk I found the ticket who opened with support, will take a look.

Regards

Alok Sarda

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.