cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurcanozturk
Level 7

Category Content Filter blocking/block page problem

Hello all,

I'm using McAfee Web Gateway 7.3.x as transparent router cluster with 5 members. I have changed block pages a bit.

Recenly, some users complaining they got block pages in some sites although they have permission. Example screenshot added in this thread.

"WINORTAK_BILGI_SISTEMLERI_HELPDESK_L" is one of the AD groups which that user belongs to. I used to give permissions by username in Category Content Filter . Block page should show the user's username not the AD group name.

(Erisim yapan kullanici means that : User that trying to access.)

Why proxy shows the group name instead username ? Why proxy use group name to blocking instead username ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Category Content Filter blocking/block page problem

Hi,

what have you put into the block page?

You should use Authentication.UserGroups for the group info.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
gurcanozturk
Level 7

Hi Michael,

I'm using usernames to allow/deny permissions not the group in that block case. So it should show username information not group info, correct? Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 2.15.43 PM.png

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Ah got it.

We normally show the group in that page. Edit the page and use Authentication.UserName instead and it will show the name and not the group.

M.

0 Kudos
gurcanozturk
Level 7

I'm doing that already ? The problem is it's showing the group name instead username although i'm showing username in block page settings.

Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 2.33.03 PM.png

0 Kudos