cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iburke
Level 7

Can't run videos on vimeo.com - Web Gateway version 7.2

Jump to solution

I've tried url whitelist, global whitelist, certificate whitelist in an attempt to be able to play vimeo videos.  It works fine if not passing through the web gateway proxy.  I can go to the website http://www.vimeo.com with no issues, but as soon as I attempt to play a video, I get a blank black video player screen on the site.  

If anyone has any suggestions or has experience this issue and knows of a fix, let me know.  I've tried all I know how to do with this software.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexott
Level 11

Re: Can't run videos on vimeo.com - Web Gateway version 7.2

Jump to solution

Hi

Do you have Streaming Detection enabled before call to antivirus? You should have rule "Skip on streaming media" that uses the StreamDetector.IsStream property. If not, please, import fresh "Gateway Antimalware" ruleset from rule library - it should contain corresponding rule.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
alexott
Level 11

Jump to solution

Hi

Do you have Streaming Detection enabled before call to antivirus? You should have rule "Skip on streaming media" that uses the StreamDetector.IsStream property. If not, please, import fresh "Gateway Antimalware" ruleset from rule library - it should contain corresponding rule.

0 Kudos
lubomir.cerny
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi folks,

even Skip on streaming is used, I had trouble with Authentication required on MWG. looking into MWG log, Vimeo's Flash player had troubles to authorise itself agains proxy trying download video data from *.lphbs.com website. So we whitelisted *.lphbs.com for proxy authentisation + skip mailware for streaming content. Now it works.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
iburke
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.  This worked for me.  I originally had got it working by global whitelisting *vimeocdn.com* which was ok, but this is a more elegant solution in my mind.  I was under the impression that rule sets would dynamically update when there were changes.  I see now I was wrong.  Do you routinely need to download updated rulesets?    

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi iburke!

From time to time the "default" rules change and incorporate new things. There isnt a elegant way to update customer rules without someone getting angry as you can imagine. The streaming detector is a prime example of this.

I've been maintaining a changelog of how the default ruleset has changed over time:

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-3348

Best,

Jon

jont717
Level 12

Jump to solution

This worked for me as well. 

I was having the same issues.

0 Kudos