cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Apple updates?

I am using McAfee Webgateway Cloud and I am currently having problems with Apples Software Update. Somehow when using McAfee Web Gateways proxy server, I cannot install any updates. Its asks for a username and password, but when installing it pops up with the error "Update Corrupt". This is defintley the proxy server. I have tried unblocking everything from the McAfee SaaS console with no luck. Please help! The updates are only successful when not using the proxy server which is not an option I can take.

3 Replies

Re: Can't install Apple updates?

We have this problem also while using Web Gateway  7.8.2.4.0

There is a MAC, configurated to use the proxy. Websites and services are working fine. But getting Updates via iTunes doesn't work.

Watching the Rule Trace I can see the requests for Updates.

I tried to skip authentication and skip ssl scan, but this doesn't help.

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

McAfee Employee aloksard
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Did you try bypassing entry  *apple.com* from SSL inspection and check?

Try creating a rule on top of your policy using criteria Client.IP equals 1.1.1.1 ( This should be changed with IP Address of the actual problematic device)  and set action as Stop Cycle  and then try and see the results of updates.  

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7220001

I would also suggest to open an SR with Mcafee Support so that relevant data collection can be done for further invetsigation on this if required.

Regards

Alok Sarda

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, we tried whitelisting *.apple.com.

Updating MacOS is working now, but Updating Apps via the App Store not.

Thank you for your suggestion also. We are still searching for a solution for this problem.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator