I think I found a solution to this problem, as I had the same behavior on my MWG box.
Create a rule like the following :
In case that second image is small, Under the events tab, add an event called "Header.RemoveAll()
When adding it click parameters and in the value section put "x-forwarded-for" .
This worked for me, but, I'm also in a transparent proxy, so YMMV
Thanks! That did the trick. It works great in Internet Exporer. It didn't seem to fix it in Chrome, but it doesn't matter, our public computers only have IE installed and they aren't able to install any other browsers.
I really appreciate your help.
Weird, I tested it in Chrome, but not in IE. You may need to clear cookies / cache? Who knows ha.Message was edited by: chasx003 on 7/31/12 2:08:01 PM CDT
Hiding your Client IP Adresses is always a good idea.
I do this on all my installations by default.
I remember of another site that also have had a "WebforumSOMETHING" hosted on a webserver, I cannot remember the exact name, that was also known to issue problems when you come around with "x-forwarded-for" Headers.
Just to tell that this "Site" that you have had a problem with is not the only one.
It's more a problem of those applications. They shouldn't bother with those additional headers. Somehow they do... maybe it's the size of the GET-Headers at all where the applications doesn't have an array that big reserved in their code...
Thank you for helping out chasx003! 🙂
What was surprising me is that the site did not work well even without a proxy and without proxy headers, but anyway I am glad to hear your users can access now.