cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Can someone help me figure out what is going on with this website?

Jump to solution

I think I found a solution to this problem, as I had the same behavior on my MWG box.

Create a rule like the following :

payday.jpg

payday2.jpg

In case that second image is small, Under the events tab, add an event called "Header.RemoveAll()

When adding it click parameters and in the value section put "x-forwarded-for" .

This worked for me, but, I'm also in a transparent proxy, so YMMV

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 15

Jump to solution

Thanks! That did the trick. It works great in Internet Exporer. It didn't seem to fix it in Chrome, but it doesn't matter, our public computers only have IE installed and they aren't able to install any other browsers.

I really appreciate your help.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Weird, I tested it in Chrome, but not in IE. You may need to clear cookies / cache? Who knows ha.

Message was edited by: chasx003 on 7/31/12 2:08:01 PM CDT
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hiding your Client IP Adresses is always a good idea.

I do this on all my installations by default.

I remember of another site that also have had a "WebforumSOMETHING" hosted on a webserver, I cannot remember the exact name, that was also known to issue problems when you come around with "x-forwarded-for" Headers.

Just to tell that this "Site" that you have had a problem with is not the only one.

It's more a problem of those applications. They shouldn't bother with those additional headers. Somehow they do... maybe it's the size of the GET-Headers at all where the applications doesn't have an array that big reserved in their code...

cheers,

Stephan Kaiser

Highlighted
Level 17
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

Thank you for helping out chasx003! 🙂

What was surprising me is that the site did not work well even without a proxy and without proxy headers, but anyway I am glad to hear your users can access now.

Best,

Andre

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community