cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smalldog
Level 12

Can not load anti-malware engine

Jump to solution

Hi All, i install McAfee Web Gateway but can not access internet (see attach) when Gateway Anti-malware rule enabled. Anyone know how to load anti-malware engine? Restart appliance not resove problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Can not load anti-malware engine

Jump to solution

Hello,

I suggest you go to Configuration, klick on Appliances and then klick the button Manual Engine Update right above Appliances. Then observe the logfile in the right part and see what happens OR in case you want to bypass security, you go to Policy > Error Handler and select the rule set "Block on Anti-Malware Engine errors". In this rule set you disable the 1st rule " Block if Anti-Malware Engine Can Not Be Loaded".

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

I suggest you go to Configuration, klick on Appliances and then klick the button Manual Engine Update right above Appliances. Then observe the logfile in the right part and see what happens OR in case you want to bypass security, you go to Policy > Error Handler and select the rule set "Block on Anti-Malware Engine errors". In this rule set you disable the 1st rule " Block if Anti-Malware Engine Can Not Be Loaded".

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
smalldog
Level 12

Jump to solution

Thanks Michael, after 1 day i do nothing, the error disappear. But i know what to do if the problems appear again.

0 Kudos
slupton
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have also had the same issue where the updater could see an avalaible update but could not connect/install. The only way we found aroung this is to WinSCP to the device and delete the Anti Virus repository, then force a download. This has happened twice in the last two months, find it hard to believe that the repo could go corrupt twice in that amount of time.. Will be logging a call with McAfee the next time it happens

0 Kudos
smalldog
Level 12

Jump to solution

Which port to use with WinSCP? Slupton!

0 Kudos