cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a User-defined List Variable be Used In Rule Criteria?

Jump to solution

I've created a User-defined list variable, and I've figured out how to populate it with a split of a header string.

Problem is, I can't get the interface to let me check it against anything other than a constant--and I want to compare it to a calculated/retrieved string. 

Isn't this possible?  If so, how?  I can't figure out how to get the UI to do this.

The ultimate goal:

Regardless of whether my ultimate goal can otherwise be addressed or the task is impossible, I definitely want to know about checking variables against string variables in rule criteria, pretty please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can a User-defined List Variable be Used In Rule Criteria?

Jump to solution

Thank you.  That wasn't quite it.

I ended up finding that this was confusion in the creepy UI.

Yes, I did find the maptype lists; but they are not what I was looking for.

Yes, I could do the assignment--I had already created the following assignment:

• Set User-Defined.Header_Public_Key_Pins_items = String.ToStringList (Header.Response.Get ("Public-Key-Pins"), ";", " \t\n\r")

What I wanted to do a "contains" criteria; but at that time, it seemed it would only allow the comparison against a constant.  For some damn reason, I just could not see the "Property" option in the "Compare with" drop-down.

I just couldn't see it the other day, but now it right there:

From there, we now "need to have the SHA2-Digest from the servers public key" as you stated elsewhere.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Jump to solution

sure you can find a line in an user-defined list

I use this in serveral places:

examples

set user-defined.userindex = list.ofString.Find (user-defined.ListofValues, Valuetofind)

I think in your case you should have look at maptype lists. There you can find a key and get a value which is associated with the key.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you.  That wasn't quite it.

I ended up finding that this was confusion in the creepy UI.

Yes, I did find the maptype lists; but they are not what I was looking for.

Yes, I could do the assignment--I had already created the following assignment:

• Set User-Defined.Header_Public_Key_Pins_items = String.ToStringList (Header.Response.Get ("Public-Key-Pins"), ";", " \t\n\r")

What I wanted to do a "contains" criteria; but at that time, it seemed it would only allow the comparison against a constant.  For some damn reason, I just could not see the "Property" option in the "Compare with" drop-down.

I just couldn't see it the other day, but now it right there:

From there, we now "need to have the SHA2-Digest from the servers public key" as you stated elsewhere.

View solution in original post

Want to Ask a Question?
Many members like to perform a search first in case other customers have already asked and answered a similar question. However, to ask a question, first select a forum then click on Post a Topic. You must sign in or log in with your existing credentials.

McAfee Service Portal customers please use your existing username and password to log into the community.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community