cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Report taking increasingly long, need assistance determining SQL resolution.

This report I built initially took a few hours, then 5 hours, 10, etc. Now It's taking 2 days. I know the report is fine because it's been imported to other environments and it works well there. 

SQL team did some digging and found this recommendation from SQL. I need assistance determining the possible negative consequences of doing this, if any:

==============

The Query Processor estimates that implementing the following index could improve the query cost by 99.9214%.

WARNING: This is only an estimate, and the Query Processor is making this recommendation based solely upon analysis

of this specific query. It has not considered the resulting index size, or its workload-wide impact, including its

impact on INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE performance. These factors should be taken into account before creating this index.

*/

USE [mcafee_csr]

GO

CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [<Name of Missing Index, sysname,>]

ON [dbo].[csr_fct_exact_access] ([site_request_id],[datetime])

INCLUDE ([detail_record_id],[action_request_id],[category_one_id],[malware_id],[user_ip_id],[site_name])

GO

==============

My gut tells me this won't do any harm, but I know very little about SQL. Thank you.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community