Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmed.eissa
Level 7

Blocking Specific account from facebook login

Jump to solution

Dear,

i tried to inspect facebook login page to Control only authorized  to be to login , the needed parameter to control is "email"

how can to only control authorized emails accounts , which parameter i should use ???

i tried to use many url.hasparamter(),body , i didn`t find any matches...

Message was edited by: ahmed.eissa on 4/2/14 8:14:58 AM CDT
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Blocking Specific account from facebook login

Jump to solution

Hello,

I do not understand why but from the traces I can see that "Body.Text", which should contain the POSTed data such as eMail address. Because "Body.Text" is empty the rule to extract the eMail address from the POST does not work:

2014-04-09 16_45_07-McAfee _ Web Gateway - MWG7-Test-2 - 10.150.64.145.png

I don't have a good idea why Body.Text should be empty. I have created a different rule set with some different properties, maybe you can try that and send me another bunch of rule engine traces?

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 09.04.14 16:48:59 MESZ
0 Kudos
9 Replies
ahmed.eissa
Level 7

Jump to solution

i tried to understand facebook api to be able to create a facebook api as youtube used previouly in youtube category limitation published

https://developers.google.com/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_protocol_category_keyword_browsing

please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

what are you trying to achieve?

From what I understood you would like to have a list of allowed eMail addresses which can logon to Facebook, while all other accounts should be blocked. Is that correct?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
ahmed.eissa
Level 7

Jump to solution

yea that`s right , i wanna only to avail specifi email account to login in facebook ...

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

I don't think that you need to do any API call. When you click the login button the browser makes a POST request to www.facebook.com/login.php. The POST request contains the eMail address. In MWG there is no proeprty that allows you to access the POST data, but in Body.Text the complete POST data is existing. With a regular expression you can grab the email address from the POST header and block access for all users which are not in a list of allowed users.

I have attached a sample rule set. Please make sure SSL Scanner is enabled, otherwise it won't work. Please have a look and check if you can adjust it to your requirements.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 08.04.14 15:01:39 MESZ
0 Kudos
ahmed.eissa
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks Andre for your usual support , i check this ruleset but it only matches on fail closr rule which is an implict deny for any unallowed facebook account,

i don`t know why it is unmatched , i reversed the condition to be as below and it matched !!! blocking , that means it is working but only on deny

Message was edited by: ahmed.eissa on 4/9/14 2:43:12 AM CDT
0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

can you export the rule engine traces you made and send them to me?

andre_sabban@mcafee.com

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
ahmed.eissa
Level 7

Jump to solution

files are sent..

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

I do not understand why but from the traces I can see that "Body.Text", which should contain the POSTed data such as eMail address. Because "Body.Text" is empty the rule to extract the eMail address from the POST does not work:

2014-04-09 16_45_07-McAfee _ Web Gateway - MWG7-Test-2 - 10.150.64.145.png

I don't have a good idea why Body.Text should be empty. I have created a different rule set with some different properties, maybe you can try that and send me another bunch of rule engine traces?

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 09.04.14 16:48:59 MESZ
0 Kudos
ahmed.eissa
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dear andre,

Congrts , it is worked with me i only made a small change as shown below;

changing condition from in list to matched made it work

thanks alooot