Did you mean: 
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Block or allow Youtube videos

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have setup a new McAfee Web Gateway, version 9.2.4

I need to be able to block and allow Youtube videos, but it is not working as I had hoped.

I have activated SSL and imported the Youtube API v3.

I have created a valid API key that I have tested using the Postman application and I get search results from Youtube when I use the API key.

I have added the API key into the MWG but it is not working well unfortunately. In the youtube_api_error.log I find a lot of:

[16/Nov/2020:08:57:05 +0100] Unable to fetch result from Youtube - Will Fail Open! [16/Nov/2020:08:57:05 +0100] Unable to fetch result from Youtube - Will Fail Open!

I have added two screenshots from the results in the rule tracing central.

I hope someone can help me figure out what to do to get the rule to work.

Kind regards,

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Re: Block or allow Youtube videos

Jump to solution

It seems I had to add payment details to the Youtube account for it to work.

Strange, I could do lookups from Postman without any problems, but when I tried from the MWG it just refused to work...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 8
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

I was given the suggestion to look at the mwg-core-errors file and it looks like this:

[2020-11-17 05:06:49.979 +01:00] [ExternalListsFilterPlugin] [ExtListsError] Error in ExternalListsFilter: 'CWebServiceDataSource: unexpected return code =400'. [2020-11-17 05:06:49.979 +01:00] [ExternalListsFilterPlugin] [ExtListsError] Error in ExternalListsFilter: 'Error during data fetch'. [2020-11-17 05:06:49.980 +01:00] [UtilsFilterPlugin] [InvalidPropertyParameter] 'JSON filter: GetPropertyValue': Parameters for property 'com.scur.engine.jsonfilter.getbyname' are invalid, reason: 'first parameter should be a map'

It is this JSON lookup that somehow fails:

https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?id=${0}&key=${1}&part=snippet

If I manually enter an ID and the key and paste it in a browser I get information about the video.

I log the API Key and the VideoID and they have correct values

I have attached two more screenshots if it is of any help?

Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

It seems I had to add payment details to the Youtube account for it to work.

Strange, I could do lookups from Postman without any problems, but when I tried from the MWG it just refused to work...

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community