Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arnulf
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Block and allow Youtube videos

I have set up a new Web Gateway, version 9.2.4, but I have not managed to get the Youtube API v3 rule to work fully. I hope someone can help me figure out what goes wrong.

I have enabled SSL and imported the Youtube ruleset.

I have a valid API key, I have tested it using Postman and I get results when I do a Youtube search. 

I have added the key in the Web Gateway and I do get some result,I can extract the video but when I am to get meta information it seems something goes wrong.

In the Youtube_api_error.log I only find a lot of:

[16/Nov/2020:08:57:05 +0100] Unable to fetch result from Youtube - Will Fail Open! [16/Nov/2020:08:57:05 +0100] Unable to fetch result from Youtube - Will Fail Open!

I have attached 2 screenshots that maybe give some clue?

2 Replies
mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Block and allow Youtube videos

Hi,

just have a quick minute to respond here. I personally test also this API every year and every year the same, the amount of allowed requests/calls (quota) can be limited. So for example per default I can do X thousands requests but for whatever reason, every year this is set to 0 in my google console account where I manage this key. Maybe automatic limitation if key was not used for x weeks or months.

I need to expand this or generate fresh new key and then it works again.

Not 100% if this is your problem, but maybe check your key settings for something like this.

Tomorrow I can check where I have written the same in an older post explaining this more detailed.
But if it fails on MWG it mostly is caused by inactive API key or limited quota in key configuration.

Will give another update tomorrow once I have found my older post.

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Block and allow Youtube videos

Good morning,

checked my posts in profile and found the thread I mentioned yesterday:
https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Web-Gateway/YouTube-API/m-p/644550#M20103

There you only find additional information to the contingent I already mentioned. Maybe check your project and contingent of the key.

Would be nice if you can keep us updated and mark this as solved (if my information is correct) or write your own solution here and mark this as solution for other people 😁

Regards,
Marcel

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community