cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Block URL categories in my web gateway

Hello, I am Franck. I'd like to block URL categories in my web gateway. but I am not sure of the steps of the configuration to do so. Can you help me ? thank you
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Block URL categories in my web gateway

Hello,

the question is pretty generic. Basically you import one of the "URL Filter by Category" rule sets (there should already be one in the default policy that comes with the product) and select the categories which MWG should block.

If one URL is requested that is part of one if the listed categories, the request is blocked.

Please share some more details on where you are and where help is required.

Best,
Andre

Highlighted

Re: Block URL categories in my web gateway

Might be good to include how users are authenticating and how you are grouping the users to run them through the policy.  As an example, we use AD and have AD groups that map to the rule in MWG.  But filtering like this is a different configuration than other ways.  So the more details you can provide, the better.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community