cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jont717
Level 12

Best way to skip SSL Scanner for Finance / Banking sites

Jump to solution

What is the best way to skip SSL scanning for Finance / Banking sites?  We have issues with banking sites.

I  tried this but this morning we had users complaining of Internal URL  filter errors.  It worked fine when I tested it in the middle of the  day.

ssl.png

I  am about 95% confident is has something to do with WCCP  authentication.  I had users try it by proxy settings in the browser and  that worked fine.

This is the error:

urlerror.png

There  is no User name in the bottom right corner.  So this is happening  before they authenticate and only for WCCP transparent users.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dstraube
Level 11

Re: Best way to skip SSL Scanner for Finance / Banking sites

Jump to solution

I've heared there was a TrustedSource library update this morning, and the switch from the old one to the new lib could cause problems with HTTPS communication. This can also affect HTML Authentication.

Please restart MWG. This should solve the problem.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos
4 Replies
importminded
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was getting the 15003 error last week.  Turned about to be a problem with the cloud.  May want to review the KB article listed in this tread to failed open for that error.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/171662#171662

Steve

0 Kudos
dstraube
Level 11

Jump to solution

I've heared there was a TrustedSource library update this morning, and the switch from the old one to the new lib could cause problems with HTTPS communication. This can also affect HTML Authentication.

Please restart MWG. This should solve the problem.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos
jont717
Level 12

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
jont717
Level 12

Jump to solution

I believe the update was the problem.  See KB https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?elq_mid=5166&elq_cid=2540563&page=content&id=KB71102

I put the settings back that I had for SSL Scanner to skip Finance / Banking sites and it has been working fine.

0 Kudos