cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidith Throttling 7.7.2.13.0

Dear Team,

I would like to know if any one can able to to guide me and also can send pre define rule set of bandwidth throttling for below mention senario:

My client want to Throttle Trafic of SKYPE for Businees, OFFICE 365 and SAP application.

version which they are using is 7.7.2.13.0

need immediate response.

Regards,

SNKK

3 Replies

Re: Bandwidith Throttling 7.7.2.13.0

Hi!

Have you already had a chance to go through the Bandwidth Control article?
Web Gateway: Understanding and Configuring Bandwidth Control

This should give you a good insight and all the hints you need to configure bandwidth control.

If you are still struggling please give some examples/details on what you tried, what the actual outcome was and what the expected outcome is.

Best
Steffen

Hi Steffen,

Highly appreciate your reply.

I have already gone through the document but nothing fruit full happen.

I tried to download example rule set but unable to do so as link was expire.

i need to prioritize/Throttle traffic of SKYPE for Business can you please guide or can able to create example rule set for that and can share with me.

Greetings,

You can find the example rule set when you scroll down to the end of the article, there's an "attachments" section. Alternatively  you can use this link: (it's the link to the mentioned attachment)

Bandwidth Control.zip

Unfortunately I don't have an environment with skype for business + web gateway handy hence I cannot give you a working rule set or similar.

However, from my experience I am very uncertain how reliable the bandwidth control would work for skype since skype works very unreliable with proxy servers in general.

But if I would have to give it a try, I would do it the following way:

1. Define a root class with a min bandwidth of 0 and a max bandwidth of the actual available bandwidth.
  2. Define a child class called "Skype", with "Root" as the parent class and the expected bandwidth values.
  3. Create a new rule set called "Bandwidth Control"
  4. Create a new rule inside the rule set called "Bandwidth Control: Skype" as follow
    Criteria: (use the criteria you are using to detect skype traffic, e.g. if you have a designated port, or a list of URLs)
    Action: Stop Rule Set (or Stop Cycle if nothing else should be done)
    Events: Bandwidth.FromServer("Skype")

Hope this helps
Steffen

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community