cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottl
Level 7

Bad Gateway Errors..

Hello,

I and some of my users have been randomly getting a "Bad Gateway, Could not connect to given gateway"  error message, a quick refresh has always corrected the problem (served the webpage) but has happened enough now that it's drawing attention.  It's happened on both internal and external sites, here is a screen shot to show the error.  Any thoughts?  Perhaps a bug? Any particular error log I should check around the time it happened?

There's <40 users on a 5000, so I doubt it's a load issue.

bad gateway error.JPG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Bad Gateway Errors..

Hey Scott,

bad gateway 500 according to:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

10.5.3 502 Bad Gateway

The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid    response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to    fulfill the request.

I've seen this to happen when a server send a strange response back, such as a malformed HTTP response header or a different status.

Is this happening only on the support.mozialla.com page? Is it constantly reproducible there or on any other page?

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
scottl
Level 7

Michael,

Unfortunetly I have not been able to reliably re-create the issue.  It has also happened with the URL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_signing_request.  But even refreshing over and over the sometimes "problem" urls I can't get the error to hit.  If you have any other thoughts feel free to post them, I'll continue trying to get more log data after one of the error occurs.

0 Kudos
juancdiaz
Level 7

I have the same problem with the page www.segurosdelestado.com

0 Kudos
smalldog
Level 12

Have solution for this? same problem.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

please note that "502" responses can have a couple of different meanings. In order to tell you exactly what happens, more details are required. At least the exact version you are using and - if possible - a packet capture.

If you notice that it takes some seconds until 502 error page shows up (approx. 5-10 seconds) and you are running on 7.1.0, this could be related to timeout settings for the proxy. If the issue shows up immediatly, please provide some more data.

Thank you!

Andre

0 Kudos
smalldog
Level 12

My version 7.1.5 that show Bad request. and with version 7.0 that show Bad Gateway. i attach file (7.1.5) from tcpdump. Thanks!

0 Kudos