cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haaris
Level 10

Backlog of data in Webreporter

I have seen a msg in the bottom of Quick view page in webreporter(encircle in the attached screenshot),I am really not able to understand what the problem is & how it will effect my webreporter....

Screenshot shot also attached for database statistics so that if anyone can get the clue of actually what the problem is........

0 Kudos
11 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: Backlog of data in Webreporter

Interesting.  I would expect something in the statistics.

Can you go to the log parsing job page, remove completed jobs, and see how many jobs are in the waiting or processing status?

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Do you want me these logs present under Jobs to be deleted???????we store logs here for 1 month

Webreporter_jobs.jpg

Log parsing logs attached in case you need it.....

Logparsing.jpg

Please confirm so that I can proceed it.....I am not able to understand what is actually the problem

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Yes, I was asking you to clear the history of completed jobs. Typically there are a lot of jobs in the history and difficult to see how many active jobs are remaining unless you removed the completed jobs.  But since your screenshot shows all completed jobs on page 1, I expect that you are not behind on log parsing anymore.

So not exactly sure what happened, but if you are using MySQL for the database, perhaps you were running a long report that took a while.  MySQL will lock the table when running a report, which means log parsing pretty much stops during that time.  If you have a report run for a long time, you may see that message that says you are behind on log parsing.

Unless you are seeing that message persistantly, I'm sure you are fine.

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Thanks for sharing your views.......

I m seeing that msg from last 5 days & as mentioned all jobs are completed.Even today I removed so many logs from job but still the msg is showing...So should I delete the remaining logs or wait for few days for the msg to disappear......

I am using Sql server as dbh not MYSQL.

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Is there a backlog of log parsing jobs?  Your screenshot only shows completed jobs.

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

How to check that????

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

How many files do you see in .../reporter/tmp/logparsing/processing/ ?

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

There are 3 files & I have attached the screenshot for the same....

Should I delete these logs?????Webreporter_Logparsing.jpg

Message was edited by: haaris on 3/11/14 2:04:38 PM CDT
0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

No, you shouldn't delete them. They shouldn't be there anymore anyway.  That is one log parsing job.

dat = access log file

dls = processing options for the job

sta = parsing status file

It wouldn't appear that you are behind on log parsing. But it is a bit strange that the file is dated for Feb 20. Your earlier screenshots shows data for march.

Have you tried restarting Web Reporter yet?  If that message persists after a restart, contact support so that we can investigate.

0 Kudos