cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG!! Web gateway certral management console cannot add applicance

I cannot believe this kind of bug can be happen in mcafee products.

Web gateway all you change the central management communication port, as screen short I changed to 1100

in the previous version 7.1 and 7.2, you can specify the port number when you want add appliance into central management console.

but I found the version 7.4 not allow to specify port number. It's conflicts ! You allow to change port but cannot use the port.

and when I call support the engineer said  he can specify port when add appliance in the same version.

I'm totally not believe it because I test it in my three different of mcafee web gateway environments, all the system are not allow specify the port number after upgrade to 7.4.

very disappoint for the mcafee products and the support.

SNAG-0932.png

SNAG-0931.png

Message was edited by: Moderator to remove support agent's name.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mbagheryan
Level 12

Re: BUG!! Web gateway certral management console cannot add applicance

Why you are writing this with port?!

0 Kudos

hi M Bagheryan M,

The reason we changed port because there is another bug at version 7.1 before.

you can use your own MGW console to add another MGW as your appliance if you know the IP and central management ports, there is no any authentication and security control even the MGW already under one MGW central management console.

This bug resolved at 7.2 version later, You can not add MGW as one appliance in central management console  if the MGW already under one central management console.                

0 Kudos
mbagheryan
Level 12

no need to mention the port here. there is no BUG here.

Enjoy.

0 Kudos

MGW allow user change the central management port but not allow to use it . is it not a bug?   as best security practise we should change the default ports as you can. right?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Averis!

I could reproduce this. What's the SR #?

As a workaround, can you use the default port to join the nodes initially? After they are joined you should be able to change the port.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I altered your post to remove the support person's name.  That is between you and support, please do not call out support agents by name.

Peter

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

The SR is 4-7923107515. I saw you are taking the case.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

If anyone runs into this issue, there is a workaround in that you can create a temporary port forward on the existing cluster node which forwards the port to the new remote node. When adding the "new" node, use IP of 127.0.0.1.

After the new node is added, you can delete the port forward. MWG will begin communicating directly to the new node on whatever port you specified (1100 in this example):

2015-01-05_163721.png

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos