cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Application Control configuration

Jump to solution

It's not working..... not hitting the 'referer' criteria:

referer.png

Am i doing something really obviously wrong?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor AaronT
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 32

Jump to solution
The referer header was blank. The page is also the sign-in for gmail. what happened after you entered valid credentials? Did it log you in or block you?

Jump to solution

I typed 'mail.google.com' into the URL field, I saw it redirect to the 'accounts.google.com' URL and a block page was immediately sent from the proxy

Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 32

Jump to solution
instead of Header.Get('referer') try instead Header.Request.Get('referer') (you could try header.response.get, but I think it's request you want)
Reliable Contributor
Message 25 of 32

Jump to solution
I've been bitten by the Header.Get() field before. I should've caught it earlier

Jump to solution

Oh I think that was actually what was originally advised!  Thanks for spotting, will try that a bit later, thank you

Jump to solution

That didn't work either - according to the trace, the referer field is still blank.  Not sure what else to try!

I can fall back to the custom Gmail categories, it just would have been nice to not rely on a static list in case gmail adds a few more URLs in future!

Any additional suggestions are welcome though!

Thanks 🙂

Reliable Contributor
Message 28 of 32

Jump to solution
That tells me that www.gmail.com isn't in the referer header (even if it redirects you). That URL (hxxps://accounts.google.com/*mail.google.com*) is categorized as webmail. Or, you could just block that link as a regex as i put in there

Jump to solution

Can you explain a bit more what you mean about blocking the link as a regex?

Reliable Contributor
Message 30 of 32

Jump to solution
Want to Ask a Question?
Many members like to perform a search first in case other customers have already asked and answered a similar question. However, to ask a question, first select a forum then click on Post a Topic. You must sign in or log in with your existing credentials.

McAfee Service Portal customers please use your existing username and password to log into the community.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community