Did you mean: 
sthe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: Appliance WBG-5000-B BMC / Intel RMM3 vulnerability

Jump to solution

Hello Julia

Thank you for the information. As I wrote above I contacted our service provider for the newest BIOS. A bit sad that the RAID controller firmware did not get an update. I hope this time the RAID BBU will last longer than seven month.

Have a nice weekend too

Best Regards

Stefan

juliab
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

sorry for coming back to you so late.

But I have some good news for you 🙂

In the meantime we have qualified the Raid Controller Firmware version 1.40.352-2004.

You could contact our support department to get the update package and update instructions.

There is one thing you should keep in mind:

After the update the BBU will have to load again, this may take up to 24hours. During that time, the  Raid controller will change it's mode to write through, that might affect the performance of the system.

Once the battery is fully loaded the mode will automatically switch back to write back.

Best regards,

Julia Bütow

sthe
Level 9
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution

Hello Andre

Another Question just for my personal interest

Andre Sabban schrieb:

Hello,

the BIOS page is for internal contacts only. Thats why Felix (as an employee of McAfee) can see it :-)

Please file an SR with Technical Support and request the update. They will provide you with the necessary files. Unfortunately this is the official way, as support is in charge to track the BIOS versions given to customers. However it should be resolved quickly if you let them know which file you want.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 07.03.13 15:32:16 MEZ

Why is support keeping track of the customers BIOS Versions?

Best

Stefan

asabban
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

Hello,

I don't know why it has to go through support. When I was working for support I have been told that this is how it works. Its a decision that was made a few levels above me 🙂

I believe there are a few cases where it makes sense that requests are pre-filtered through support:

- Support can make sure that customers retrieve the latest BIOS version which is correct for their hardware, tested, certified and supported

- In case critical issues are found it is possible to find out customer who have obtained the BIOS version which contains those issues

Best,

Andre

sthe
Level 9
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

Hello

The last two points make sense.

Well and the first one I know too. "You have to do it like this because it is like it is"

I contacted our service provider for the newest BIOS we will see what I get.

Weekend is near so have a nice weekend.

Best

Stefan

Nachricht geändert durch sthe added that I contacted our service provider on 08.03.13 08:37:34 CST
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community