cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcaffrey
Level 10

Anybody have time to check this site in MWG7.1 ?

Hi,

Site is www.lia.ie, it's a Financial Services site, it won't display properly even when it's in the Global Whitelist, I've also tried to download the prospectus on the main page and it hangs the browser.

Thanks for any help.

Dec

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jont717
Level 12

Re: Anybody have time to check this site in MWG7.1 ?

The reason it is not loading right is because it is loading information from other locations.

When you whitelist just that URL, it is not enough to make the site fully whitelisted.  Some stuff is still getting blocked maybe?

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello Dec,

I just checked the URL and loaded the prospectus. Both worked well through my MWG. This does not seem to be a global problem, but maybe a configuration issue - I recommend to file a ticket with Support and provide a Feedback, so that we can check what is happening.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi,

it also works fine with my MWG 7.1.5 where any possible Security Filter is active, also SSL scanning and coaching.

Which Acrobat Reader version are you using? We saw several problems opening PDF Files when customers are using older acrobat reader versions.

cheers,

Thorsten

check this, it´s a access denied log for mwg where all requests are shown. The Log File shows you any rule which was triggered. on 23.08.11 14:02:42 IST

I would also modify the criteria so only your ip-adress is logged. on 23.08.11 14:03:43 IST
0 Kudos
dcaffrey
Level 10

Hi Andre,

Would you mind clarifying something for me, I've put this site in my Global Whitelist at top of ruleset, the rule is "URL Host Matches in list" with a stop cycle, I've analysed the traffic and I don't see it going to any other sites

All activity should bypass rule processing including PDF download ?

Thanks,

Dec

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Dec,

yes you are right. As long as the rule matches, no filtering should be applied.

Are you sure the rule applies? It is sometimes a bit confusing because:

The download URL is:

http://www.lia.ie/prospectus/LIA_Prospectus_11.12.pdf

URL.Host contains "www.lia.ie", so in your list you have to add "www.lia.ie" or "*.lia.ie" or "*.lia.*". For example "lia.ie" will not work, because you need to add the "*" here. This was different in 6.x, where adding "lia.ie" would have been enough.

One more thing I noticed. The page is sometimes very slow for me (may be related to my location). In earlier versions of MWG there was an issue which set the timeout for connections to 10 seconds. This may cause an interruption when accessing the page or trying to download the PDF.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
dcaffrey
Level 10

Hi Andre,

I've tested the site going direct and it works very fast whereas even whitelisted I get problems, I've also tried whitelisting my IP to rule out problems with the format of the URL

Are there any other logs I can look at ?

Dec

0 Kudos
jont717
Level 12

Page loads fine.  PDF has issues on my MWG 7.1.0.2

I may have to upgrade to 7.1.0.3

0 Kudos

Looks good on 7.1.0.2

0 Kudos
theom
Level 7

Both (page & PDF) are working smooth through WMG 7.1.0.3. No problem.

0 Kudos