Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bittis
Level 7

Allowing google chat / gtalk via the mcafee web gateway

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

i am in a bit of a difficult situation here.  This is what my problem is:

I need to allow people to use the google chat client which is behind the mcafee web gateway.  In the google chat client I set the proxy as my mcafee gateway.  I tried specifying and not specifying username/password but my guess is that it doesn't need to as mcafee is setup to use ntlm authentication.  I then added the google site as an exception to the url filtering and did the same to bypass the SSL scanner.  This doesn't seem to do the trick and i was wondering if i am getting things wrong.  Are there any tutorials on how to allow jabber like protocols to work with the web gateway?

Thank you all for your help

George

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Allowing google chat / gtalk via the mcafee web gateway

Jump to solution

Hi George,

I am sorry. Just go to "mysupport.mcafee.com". On the right you can see a link "Search the Knowledge Base". Follow that link and type in the KB article ID into the search box. You should get the desired KB article as a result.

Let me know if that helps!

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
7 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

did you already follow the hints in KB65814?

It basically describes how to make Google Talk work. It is possible that depending on the MWG configuration or the version of Google Talk something meanwhile changed. If the KB article is not suitable we probably need to take a deeper look into this. I recommend to get in touch with Support in that case.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
bittis
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Andre,

thank you very much for your reply, it was very helpful.  I probably sound stupid but where can i find KB65814 ?

Thank you

George

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi George,

I am sorry. Just go to "mysupport.mcafee.com". On the right you can see a link "Search the Knowledge Base". Follow that link and type in the KB article ID into the search box. You should get the desired KB article as a result.

Let me know if that helps!

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
bittis
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Andre,

i can't seem to find the specific KB in the database, i can find other KBs based on their ID but not that one, i will have a look around though, thank you for the inforamtion

Regards

George

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi George,

the article is only available when you have logged in to mysupport.mcafee.com. When only browsing there without logging in and then searching for the article it won't be displayed.

I will send you the content of the KB article as a private message, in case you are not able to view the article even when logged on.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
bittis
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Andre,

thank you very much for your help!

i can not access the mysupport site as i am not registered to it.  How can i register?  It seems to be asking me for some sort of grant number, where can i get one?  Do i need to purchase a support package?

Thank you

0 Kudos
PhilM
Level 14

Jump to solution

Yes, you will need to purchase support and then you will be issued with a Grant Number - which you then use when creating your mysupport portal account.

0 Kudos