Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tericm
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Allow a Windows server to bypass filtering

Hello,

I have a server with a vehicle tracking solution on it and portions of it don't working properly when it is being filtered by Webgateway 7. The vendor says that the packets coming back from the vehicles are being altered in some way which stops our Live Downloader from working. If I take the Webgateway appliance offline everything works as it should. I have added about 10 URLs to the global whitelist that the vendor specified to no avail. How can I have this server pass through the MWG 7 appliance without being filtered?

Thanks.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Allow a Windows server to bypass filtering

Have you attempted to create a rule that says:

Criteria: Client.IP equals [THE-SERVER-IP]

Action: Stop Cycle

This would prevent filtering for that specific server IP. You could put this in the Global Whitelist for example (there is already one there that does it).

Best,

Jon

Highlighted
tericm
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the replies.

I was able to get the server to bypass the filtering appliance by adding the Client IP to the global whitelist rule as you both suggested. I can browse without filtering on the server, but the Live downloader service still won't run. Evidently it is the response packets coming back from the field devices that are being altered.Is there a way to bypass the appliance for external responses to that server?

jont717
Level 12
Message 4 of 4

In your global whitelist, look for Rule Allow Host.   Add a client.ip = 172.16.x.x and stop cycle.

This will allow that client to bypass the all the rules in the web gateway.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.