Last week I updated the MWG7 appliance and I have had to change one rule around in order for it to work again. I can only claim that it happened to one rule, because it's the only one I've found so far.
I had an Authentication Rule Set that, in the Criteria, authenticated everyone except for 172.23.42.7. Last week it just started to authenticate them anyway and yesterday the users started complaining. The rule set never changed, but the appliance was updated and this is the only thing I can think of that would've changed how the rule works (I would rather assume the update than I just stopped working after a month of working properly).
Today, I finally just tried changing the Criteria to Always and creating a Stop Rule Set rule for any traffic from 172.23.42.7. This worked, but I'd still like to know why the Criteria stopped working.
this sounds interesting. My only idea is that there was probably an issue with one property/rule that worked due to a bug that has been fixed or a behaviour that has been changed.
I have not heard abotu such issues before - if you are interested to find out what exactly happened I think it sould be beneficial to have a Service Request filed for this. we would need a Feedback and the old version and maybe some guidance how the rule looked before it has been changed to work again. Then we can set this up and give it a try.